Sunday, March 15, 2015

Turtle Power!

This week, I spent a majority of my "free" time working on party favor boxes for a co-worker's grandson's birthday party. It was a pizza party with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as the theme. We decided that mini pizza boxes would be perfect. I took on the challenge and designed little boxes that looked like each of the four turtles.


My co-worker said that they were a hit and they were relatively easy to make (although making 40 of them did take a bit of time).

The 4"x4" boxes started out with 6" x 11" sheets.of Garden Green card stock. I scored on the long side at 1", 5", 6: and 10". I scored on the short side at 1" and 5". I then cut in 1" on each of the scores on the long side. I made sure to use my bone folder to get sharp edges for my boxes and taped them together.

I made belly bands and flags out of Tangelo Twist, Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry and Real Red. To get the right look for the masks I used the gift box punch in the center of each belly band and attached the flags to the back. I punched 1" circles in Whisper White and 1/2" circles out of Basic Black for the eyes. I cheated a bit and used my e-cutter to cut out the mouths and tongues.


I'm usually a big stamper but delving into punch art was fun. Here is a shot of my little treat boxes ready to go off to the party. 


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Love them Devin - very, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love can i use your idea for people are ninja people with surprise bags and would like to add one of thees cuties

    ReplyDelete